Re: cookies

To: JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: cookies
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:56:22 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 7 Mar 1999 JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com wrote:

>      When I saw the cookie recipe I felt I should show it to my wife, just
>      in case she was in the mood to make some up.
>      She thought the recipe looked familiar, and guess what, it is EXACTLY
>      the recipe on the back of the bag of the no-name cookie mix you get in
>      the supermarket around here, only all quantities are doubled.
>      (I'm talking about the first recipe, not the one that Nieman-Marcus
>      subsequently put out.)
>      She made a chocolate cake instead. I can live with that.
>      Jim Wallace

        Not to throw warm milk on an otherwise neat story...

        But I've heard the "recipe" story several other times...
        Mostly with a Neiman-Marcus recipe, other times with the
        cookies comming from Abercromby & Fitch...

        I think this is an "Urban Legend"... A yummy one none-the-less.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois