Another Master Cylinder Query

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another Master Cylinder Query
From: Alan Williamson SBSC <awillmsn@sbsc.siemens.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:34:29 -0000
I am helping a friend do some work on his TR4 and have just removed the two
master cylinders which both had emptied at some time in the past.  The
clutch M/C still moves well so I think a repair kit should do the trick
there. But the Brake M/C has seized solid. The plunger will not move at any
price. My question is " Is it worth trying to get the piston out and seeing
if a repair kit would work, or if the piston is seized to the cylinder does
that mean that the bore will be too pitted / damaged anyway and I should
just suggest he gets a replacement M/C??"

Thank you in advance for your help

Alan Williamson

1967 TR4A