Dolomite 1500 Clutch Woes!

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dolomite 1500 Clutch Woes!
From: Bill Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:39:24 +0000
Hi All,
        Does anyone have experience of the clutch hydraulics on  Dolomite 1500?
The car belongs to my Wife, but I have been using it as daily transport
for the past few months. Recently the clutch hydraulics decided to dump
the fluid, so I need top rebuild the system. By cross referencing
numbers, I've found I can use the same seal kits as I would for the
Herald, these being Lucas-Girling 2348 for the Slave, and 1963 for the
Master Cylinder.
        The problem I have is that I would like to rebuild some cylinders in
preparation (the car is still driveable at present), rather than rebuild
those which are on the car, as I don't want to take the car off the road
for longer than necessary. I have plenty of (apparently identical)
Herald units available to rebuild, however according to my factory
parts-lists, they have different part numbers! So are thay genuinely
different, or were the part numbers superceded?
        Thanks in advance for any assistance,
                Bill.
--
                            This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup