RE: S/U's

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: S/U's
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:54:29 -0800
IMO, it depends entirely on how often you check them, and how badly you
want to overfill them <g>

Seriously, most people (myself included) overfill them.  The oil that is
where it belongs (ie below the center plunger) has nowhere to go, except in
hard turns with the throttle open.  Any oil that is above the top of the
piston will run out pretty fast.  I like to (over-) fill mine at each oil
change, to lube where the piston slides in the dome (on SU's), but my old
worn out ones would go years without loosing enough oil to actually not
dampen the needle movement.

Randall