Re: TR3-TR4 starter crank handles

To: brad.kahler@141.com
Subject: Re: TR3-TR4 starter crank handles
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 18:38:06 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< Can some tell me if there is a difference between the starter handles for a
 TR3 as compared to a TR4 starter handle?  If there is a difference, what is
it?

Hello Brad
Don't know for sure but I think the location of the "guide bearing" the
thicker portion of the shaft that rides in the guide will be different. TR4's
with cranks used a bracket which bolted to the front bumper. TR3 guides are
behind the grill.

This would be my guess. Never saw a TR4 setup for the crank, nor a TR4 crank.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4