RE: TR-6 Restoration

To: "TRIUMPHS" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR-6 Restoration
From: "AJ Turner" <2AJ@aj-turner.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 22:31:51 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
-----Original Message-----
From: mefoster <mefoster@airmail.net>
Date: Saturday, March 13, 1999 9:09 PM

>mefoster wrote:
>>
>> I'm considering buying a TR6 and restoring it to something reasonably
>> approaching
>> mint condition. That's my fantasy anyway.

>I appreciate the advice very much. That is the option a smart person would
>take, but at the risk of sounding corny, my objective has less to do with
>avoiding spending money than it does with rescuing something beautiful from
>oblivion.

I'm not saying this is what you ought to do but, I've always wanted to find
a good, structurally sound, TR-6 and stick one of those new body shells on
it as a project!  If I had my "druthers" and unlimited funds (DA??) , I'd
love to do that.

A bit off-topic but, I know a guy that placed an AC Cobra (fibreglass) body
onto a TR-6 frame and stuck a Ford (Cleveland) 351 in the engine bay!!  I'm
still amazed that the stock rear-end has held-up and hasn't broken the
mounts yet!!

Regards,
AJ Turner