gap or feeler gauge?

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: gap or feeler gauge?
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 09:47:55 -0700
Recently there was a post about a specialized feeler gauge which unlike the
"regular" kind, has blades which are "stepped". In other words, each blade
has three thicknesses, the one which it is intended to measure, one in the
next thicker size and one in the next thinner size. The idea being that if
you can insert the blade only to the middle thickness you have set the
correct gap.

Does anyone know the name if this gauge? I forgot it and when I tried to get
one locally they didn't really know what I was talking about (neither did I
actually).

Thanks in advance.

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO