Re: Mustang...Spitfire???

To: "Laura G." <savercool@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Mustang...Spitfire???
From: "Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:46:13 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>, Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>

> Oh My! A "Hairdressers" car? Ouch!

> >Hmmmm, I'd say the Spitfire is a bit of a Hairdresser's sportscar or a
> >'fun' car! The Austin Healey 100 and 3000 are TRUE sportscars to my
> >mind!!! :-)

 Anyone who has seen Rich's elegently coiffeured form will realise he's
speaking from experience. My 'barber' (don't confuse the two!) has a MK1
Golf GTi. He used to have both a Vitesse (a while ago) and more recently
a Capri 2.8i . The capri rendered itself immortal in bangor folklore by
performing a 360 degree pirouette from a standing start by the train
station! My old spit nearly managed the same feat (from a standing
start) in only slightly damp weather. The road is frequently used by
buses and taxi's and I suppose equates to 'The hurtler' (copyright)! The
look on the faces of those waiting for a bus (in the firing line as it
were) can be priceless......:-)

   Johnny Storm '70 Viterald