RE: More or less likely to knock?

To: "'Alan Myers'" <reagntsj@ricochet.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: More or less likely to knock?
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:41:06 -0800
Alan :

IMO, an IC engine is (slightly) less likely to knock at high altitude,
because of lower cylinder pressures.  The reduction in ambient air pressure
has the same effect as reducing the CR.  Same for fuel injection, and
regardless of mixture.  The engine also makes less power, for the same
reason.

Randall