Re: TR3 Idling Woes

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Idling Woes
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:01:55 -0500
Message text written by Brian Kemp
>Sounds like my car when the timing was off.  I got the timing right at
1000 rpm, adjusted the idle, adjusted the timing ....

An idle of 900 isn't too bad.  Specification for the TR6 is 800 rpm.<

Brian,
Thanks for the reply.
Well, I checked the timing by advancing until it got to maximum revs and
then backing off the timing til it dropped 100 rpm.  This got me back to
exactly where I had started from.  ( I had made scribe marks on the
distributor in case I got "lost").
I'll work more on the timing at the weekend when I'm hoping to put in an
Ignitor ignition.  Stay tuned.

Regards,  Adrian