Re: TR3 Idling Woes

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Idling Woes
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:02:09 -0500
Message text written by Randall Young
>Have you checked the accuracy of the tach ?  Having them read 500+ rpm
high is not unusual on these old cars.
One other thought : is it possible the PO (previous owner) put in a
performance camshaft ?  I once had a TR3 with a "3/4 race" camshaft that
didn't like to idle slow.  It idled reasonably smooth at 1000 rpm, but
just wouldn't run at all below 900.<

Randall,
This is what I wanted to hear!!
Race cam!  Yeah!
I went and contacted the PO and he says he believes "a hotter cam" was
indeed put in.  He was also told to use the high octane fuel.  This would
jive with the 175-180 compression readings I'm getting.
Maybe.
But I like it.

Regards,  Adrian