Re: TR3 Idling Woes

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Idling Woes
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:02:00 -0500
Message text written by INTERNET:vafred@erols.com
>Reset the timing correctly, make sure the vacum advance is working
properly and connected in the frt. carb correctly.....   "FT"<

Is this Fred?
Thanks for the reply.
I think the timing is Ok (as per the "advance to max revs then back off
100rpm" method).  I connected the vacuum line up to a syringe and it
actually moved the contact plate.
I went to a speciality plumbing shop and managed to get the hard, thin
vacuum line and compression fitting (all for less than a dollar!!) so the
line is new and correctly attached to the underneath of the front carb.

Regards,  Adrian