Re: GT6 Brake Servo

To: Ian Southwell <IanSouthwell@ApexSystems.COM>
Subject: Re: GT6 Brake Servo
From: Bill Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:04:06 +0000
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ian Southwell wrote:

> I read in a recent TSSC mag that its dangerous to leave the servo off
> the
> car - any comments?

Hi Ian,
        The brake servo doesn't actually give you any more stopping power, you
just get the same power for less pressure on the pedal. I can only see a
lack of brake servo as dangerous if you were underdeveloped in the area
of your leg muscles! Having legs like tree-trunks, I've never really
gained much benefit from a servo on such small light cars, though my old
2000 saloon might have been harder work without one,
        Regards,
                Bill.
--
                            This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup