Re: birthday

To: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: birthday
From: vafred@erols.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:20:11 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Gernot Vonhoegen wrote:

> What you mean, are you teetotal?
>
> > The driver is 25+ years ahead of the car, and O-MY, so many, many, more
> > miles, still on the original engine, tires & brakes left long ago, drive
> > train has only enough too kick around the house, not much call for in
> > public anymore, top is all faded out and extra thin, interior is holding
> > up well, haven't had any anti-freeze in 15 years come Aptil 2, If I had
> > known what was around the corner, I sure would have kept it in better
> > running order way before now.  "FT"

When I first started to drink I was told you are allowed so many gallons
of booze in your lifetime, I used my total allotment up in 25 years
instead of a lifetime. Yes teetotal for 15 years come 4/2. I am a cancer
patient (throat) of 15 years from hard drinking and smoking, the Doc.
said if you stop now I can help you, if you keep going, no one can help
you. I have never talked to anyone who said the grass was greener on the
underside of that grave, so I quit cold turkey both habits at the same
time and have "Never" touched either since that day. I'm now 65, look
like I'm 85, feel like I'm 95, but, think I'm 25, and still drive the
H@#$ out of my T/R 3-A as often as possible.