Bill Wood Update

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Bill Wood Update
From: joe worsley <worsley@YadTel.Net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 14:42:02 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Fo all of you that are concerned about Bill Wood, I went up to the hospital
this morning and visited with Mary and his father who is also in town.

I saw him for only a moment.  He really isn't allowed visitors except for
family members as he is still in intensive care and is not awake but isn't
in a coma.  Mary said that she had only seen his awake once since he went
in. She said he did acknowledge her presence one time a couple of days ago.
 He is on a lot of pain kilers mainly morphine which is keeping hin knocke
out.

He has a lot of swelling but she said that it had gone down a lot.  He had
exploratory surgery after the accident to determine if there was any damage
to internal organs as he was bleeding internally a lot which was apparently
due to the crushed pelvis.  He has a chance of developing a little
pneumonia but that is controlable.  They still haven't done any surgery to
repair the broken arm, ribs and crushed pelvis. They can wait as much as
three weeks if necessary to allow him to stabelize.

He really looked bad with all the tubes and swelling/bruises, but I heard
the doctor talking to Mary and he hasn't gotten any worse and seems to be
improved a little.

It will be a long road back for him but as of know he seems to be ok.

It will probably be a few days before any updates.  I will post as soon as
I hear

Joe Worsley