RE: TR3a windscream assembly

To: "'JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com'" <JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3a windscream assembly
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 14:25:35 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Jim - Did the same thing. (stretched it)   Ended up with a 2" wide bulge
that stood up about 1/2" right in front of the grip bar on passenger side.
Put mild heat on it; tried everything I could but it did not flatten (over
one hot Florida summer).   Didn't want to dismantle windscreen assembly from
car; pay high shipping costs for one item and do replacement at the time so
I cut a small wedge out of the seal then taped it shut with black rubber
tape.  Eventually I added the seal to another parts order and have replaced
it.  But I drove it for a full season with the temporary fix.

Second time around I didn't get as rambunctious during installation.

Carl