Re: Today's Youth &TR's

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Today's Youth &TR's
From: Brian Furgalus <triumph.tr7@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 23:23:38 -0500
Ok, I think I need to chime in now!  As you all may know, I'm the proud
new owner of a 1981 TR7 DHC (keep the chuckling to a minimum, please),
and I am also a High School student.  I can attest to the fact that NOT
A SOUL knows what a Triumph is! I'm well-known for being an LBC freak
(it's all I've ever talked about for the last few years ;-) ), and proud
of it!  Even though I haven't driven the car to school yet, the people
who have seen the pictures on my web page (see signature) all make
comments from "it looks weird", "how fast is it?", to "it's really
small", or "it's a piece of c**p.  Buy a Ford! (I live in Ford
country)", or the classic shaking of the head, then various comments
about how much it cost and how I'im such a "rich kid" (I'm not.
Remember, FORD country.).  The opinions are really split.  The neat
thing about it, though, is all the teachers that I have know EXACTLY
what it is, and so far three of them want to drive it when I get it, and
another few want a ride!  I think the shop teacher is jealous,
actually.  He's in the process of restoring a Jaguar XK120 DHC, and is
very happy for me.  The saga begins!

Later
Brian

--
|            Brian Furgalus              |