?Importing a car from England, HOW?

To: twakeman@cruzers.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: ?Importing a car from England, HOW?
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 17:44:12 EST
On Sat, 20 Mar 99 08:37:23 -0800
TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Wrote: Re: ?Importing a car from England, HOW?

>I'm interested in one of the models of Land Rover no longer imported, no dual
>air bags.  Anyone know about purchasing and bringing one over.  Assume I go
>there and drive it around a bit.
>
>Thanks
>Bob Paul

Hi Paul,

Interesting to see a Land Rover import request on the Triumph news list.

My web site has a link to the U.S. governement car import regulations.
You will find the OFFICIAL poop on how to legally import cars into the
states.

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

There are navagation buttons at the bottom of my home page.  Since you
are asking about a Land Rover, press the Land Rover button.  This will
take you to my Land Rover contents page Near the top is a link to my Land
Rover Link page.  Near the bottom of that page is the link to the
goverment import regulations page.

Of course now, if you were asking about importing a Triumph, I would have
said press the Triumph button at the bottom of the page....

Take care,

TeriAnn Wakeman                              Coming soon
Santa Cruz, California                    New hub web site for
twakeman@cruzers.com             everything Rover and expedition equipment
http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman    Links-cars for sale-special equip.
                                     equip. reviews-Books-expeditions
                                             &
Hi TeriAnn & Bob Paul...

I am presently in the thro's of importing a GT6+ from the USA to the UK.
ie: The other way about.
I cannot help you re USA import regulations, but

I suggest you consider contacting a good shipping agent with experience in the
field of importing/exporting 'old cars'

I am using Ian Jeffreys of Imorex, Shipping Services Ltd.
32 St.Peter's Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, 1PL 1XB, England.
Tel: 00-44-1473-213411  Fax: 00-44-1473-219266 (both numbers from USA)
if calling from UK, dial 01473-213411.

No financial interest. yada yada ya.

ps. Further to an earlier question about Norton Classic Servo's

Paul Norton is one of the good guys, and insists on speaking with you first
before selling you any repair kits, because so many cars are fitted with non-
original servo's,
especially if they weren't fitted by the factory!!!

I have dealt with him on several occassions, both for myself and for friends
and he has always been very helpful and considerate.

Leon F Guyot
Triumph Sports Six Club International Liaison Secretary
63 Vitesse Convertible
69 GT6+
90 Peugeot Diesel (unreliable electrics!)