Re: Vinyl Adhesive for cockpit surround

To: Bush4brits@aol.com
Subject: Re: Vinyl Adhesive for cockpit surround
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 22:11:39 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< 'm using DAP Weldwood contact cement for my TR3A interior also.
 I'm very pleased with the results on the dash and glove box. I've bought some
 cotton batting and continue to work on the cockpit surrounds. I'll put down a
 layer of batting and cover with vinyl.
 Should I be concerned about the longevity of the contact cement? Were the
 surfaces that you worked on clean? When I pulled off the old vinyl, I noticed
 that they were VERY generous about applying the vinyl on the interior of the
 pieces (more surface area......more purchase.....better adhesion)
 I'll keep you posted as I continue the intrior trim.
 Bob Stahlbush
 66 MGB GHN 3L78708
 60 TR3A TS 81398 L >>

Bob
A word of 'sperience here. Be careful with the batting. I used a similar
method on my 3B and found later that some things no longer fit very well. My
tach and speedo were difficult to get in because the mat'l on the front
tonneau cap got in the way. Also the hoodstick frame doesn't fold down right
due at least in part, to the extra thickness on the capping.
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4