TR 6 Oil change

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 6 Oil change
From: "John Summers" <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 22:35:56 -0500
Well folks, I learned Friday why Europeans drink so much beer.  I told my
son that the next time I acted "confident, full of life, happy and sure of
myself" that he should slap me and knock me back to reality.  My first oil
change on my '74 TR6.  Actually, I put on the adapter for the spin-off oil
filter.  What FUN!!  I had read that you had to remove the clutch slave
cylinder to remove the canister that holds the filter.  I didn't believe it
and wouldn't do it.  I didn't think a culture as advanced as the British
could/would build something so stupid,,,but they did.
    I did make the change and hopefully leaving the old canister wedged
between engine and frame won't hurt anything until the next time I become
brave and remove the steering column so I can pull the damned thing out.
Anyway, today I had a nice drive to the Concours de Elegance at Amelia
Island, Florida honoring Carroll Shelby.  I've smelled burnt oil before, so
that didn't scare me.  Oil pressure was good.  Weather beautiful.  Life is
Beautiful,,,,,,TR 6 is fun.