RE: TR 6 Oil change

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR 6 Oil change
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 21:27:53 -0700

John,

Please consider that on "home" turf the car would have the steering column
on the other side so the design is not "stupid". As for removing it, a
little gentle pull on the column should flex it enough to move the canister
past the column and out to safety.

> I did make the change and hopefully leaving the old
> canister wedged between engine and frame won't hurt
> anything...

Keep in mind that the engine is not perfectly stationary with respect to the
frame when it is running. That is why the engine and gearbox and diff mounts
are made of rubber or some other "pliable" material. You might end up with a
damaged canister once you do decide to take it out. Or you might end up with
more serious side effects. I would not leave it in there for any more
driving excursions. JMO of course.

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO
(used to change oil with the canister, never thought it was too bad...have
the spin off filter now)