RE: TR 6 Oil change

To: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Subject: RE: TR 6 Oil change
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 07:57:08 -0500 (EST)
Cc: peterz@merak.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Admittedly, changing the oil/filter on a stock TR6 is an engaging task, so
to speak.  I have so far resisted replacing the original arrangement with
a spin-on replacement, simply because I prefer originality.

The TR6 was designed as a RHD car, regardless of the number that ended up
being exported as LHD, and this caused a problem with the steering
column and other components blocking the oil cannister on LHD models.

Still, I have been able to remove the cannister on my 73 for oil changes,
albeit with difficulty, without removing or shifting any auxiliary devices
- steering column, slave cylinder, etc.

Perhaps the clearances are different amongst individual cars?

I also figure 'tinkering' (and the subsequent frustration) is part of
the mystique of being owned by an LBC :-)

Robert Carley
73TR6