GT6: finnicky solenoid

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6: finnicky solenoid
From: Martin Secrest <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:50:47 -0500
I guess I should address this problem before the solenoid stops
working altogether.

Lately I've noticed that my 73 GT6's solenoid occasionally only *clicks*
when I turn the key.  But the starter always (so far) turns over the
second time I crank it.  Is a solenoid something that can be "refreshed," or
should it
just be replaced?

BTW, using my keen analytical skills, I determined the starter is not
suspect, since this problem occurred both before and after I took it
in for rebuild.  After 25+ years, the starter was a little sluggish.

(For those of you in the DC metro area, Arlington Armature in Springfield, VA,
is a fine establishment.  $70 for a GT/Spit starter rebuild.  Get your
gen/alternators done there, too, for around $100 ...)

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6