Apology, re: manuals for sale

To: "Vintage Race List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Apology, re: manuals for sale
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:00:07 -0600
Cc: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Hello all,
I guess I need to apologize to the list. I posted some manuals for sale
last night, 2 Haynes TR6/250, 2 Autobook AH 100-6/3000, 1 Factory AH
100-6/300, 1 Chiltons hardcover AH all models. I may also have mentioned a
couple of Spitfire Haynes manuals, an MGB Haynes manual and a Hillman
manual. The result was that I'm getting lots of requests for "how much do
you want?" but no $ offers. I don't know what the going rate for these
manuals is, but I did buy these with the hopes of making a profit to
support the racing effort. I have followed the Haynes TR6 thread and I know
that people are out there seeking this manual. My guess was that anyone
interested in buying them knows what they are worth and would make a
suitable offer and I'd be done with it, but instead I put myself in a bad
spot by not listing a price and selling to the first person to meet that
number. I misjudged how many responses I would get and my ability to get
back to everyone individually. So rather than pick and choose who to sell
them to, I'm going to list them on ebay. Sorry to have wasted listers time
and bandwidth.

Bob Kramer
rgk@flash.net