Re: Rocker Oil Feed Line

To: Alvamike@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rocker Oil Feed Line
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:35:41 EST
In a message dated 3/22/99 7:15:47 PM EST, Alvamike@aol.com writes:

<< Am just about ready to start my 67 TR4A after a frame off restoration.  I
 believe there are external oil lines available to give better oiling to the
 rocker area.  Is this a good idea?  Any experience in installation and
 improved wear or oil consumption. >>

We've not had good experiences with these oilers.  I fitted one to a 59 TR3A,
my driver.  Unknown engine condition but has good compression and runs strong
with a newly rebuilt head.  I started getting HUGE clouds of smoke upon
starting up after a short run.  I was actually considering an engine rebuild
till I read about someone else's similar experience after installing one of
the oilers.  We rebuilt a 1960 TR3 and installed the oiler on the rebuilt
engine, again lots of smoke on start up.  Removed the oiler and in each case
the excessive smoke is now gone.  What's it mean ??  I don't know but I've got
two of those oiler lines hanging in my garage so if you still think its a good
idea drop me a line.

Bob Paul