RE: New member/Tiger Cub

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Dorian Yeager <DYeager535@aol.com>
Subject: RE: New member/Tiger Cub
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:28:47 -0500
 Dorian
1) Don't let him sell the bike
> which was my mothers

it ain't his

2) Don't  let him sell the bike because two of you want to keep it
> Neither she nor I want that.

3) don't  let him sell the bike because he will regret it.

>He seems to think the time and money necessary to restore it are beyond
>it's monetary and/or sentimental value.

how can you put a value on sentimental things. And thats the way it is with
most older vehicles. in a restoration 99% of the time you end up spending
more than it dollar value. Its sentimental.

remind him of the fact
> he does some of the other vehicles he has sold in the past

> As I know next to nothing about

SO learn, do some research and buy a Hemmings and start reading the bike
section.
and try     http://www.liszt.com       you may find a TR motorcycle list.

4) don't let him sell it because he is out numbered........

5)don.t let him sell it. get him to give you a chance to do some reaserch
and see if you can fix it. if you can't fix it he can always sell it later.

Tell your father that a guy on the east coast*  knows from experience. I
got a 1949 Indian Super Chief for free and 10 minutes after I got it home
my father said "GET RIDE OF IT." That was in 1964 and he still regrets it.
and like your father he regrets other vehicles going away.

* I am figuratively waving my hands as I write this.