TR3A carb fuel lines.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A carb fuel lines.
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:54:22 -0800

Hi all,

Another lister and I have been having a bit of a conversation offline
about the original TR3A banjo type flex fuel lines which run from the
fuel pipe at the front of the engine to the front carb and then on to
the rear carb. We located a picture of the "correct" routing on page
23 of Piggott's "The Original Triumph TR". After looking at the hoses
in the picture I realized that not only are mine not routed correctly
but the original hoses are much nicer than your standard run of the mill
parts store fuel lines. The originals have that nice cloth braid on
the outside and cool brass fittings at the end. At some point in the
future I would like to replace my current setup with something real
close to original. I asked Moss what their replacement assembly (page 16,
item 39, part # 376-278) looks like and they said that it had a "braided
cover and brass fittings". What I'd like to know is if anyone has seen
this part and if so how close is it to original?

Thanks,
Drew

--
Drew Rogge