Re: TR3A carb fuel lines.

To: drew@pixar.com
Subject: Re: TR3A carb fuel lines.
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 20:09:55 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< Another lister and I have been having a bit of a conversation offline
 about the original TR3A banjo type flex fuel lines which run from the
 fuel pipe at the front of the engine to the front carb and then on to
 the rear carb. We located a picture of the "correct" routing on page
 23 of Piggott's "The Original Triumph TR". After looking at the hoses
 in the picture I realized that not only are mine not routed correctly
 but the original hoses are much nicer than your standard run of the mill
 parts store fuel lines. The originals have that nice cloth braid on
 the outside and cool brass fittings at the end. At some point in the
 future I would like to replace my current setup with something real
 close to original. I asked Moss what their replacement assembly (page 16,
 item 39, part # 376-278) looks like and they said that it had a "braided
 cover and brass fittings". What I'd like to know is if anyone has seen
 this part and if so how close is it to original?

 Thanks,
 Drew >>

Drew
I have one of these one my 58 3A. Overall very nice although I recall having
to do some creative work where it couples to the fuel line. The end didn't
match the existing coupler. Leaks a whole lot less than the old line!
Been on the car for 2-3 years now and no worries!

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4