RE: BRG Mix Formula

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: BRG Mix Formula
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:58:02 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Tony Rhodes wrote:

> Message text written by INTERNET:JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
> >He told me this colour was only used on 64 & 65 TR4as.
>
> I had thought that Conifer was used for many years

I can't and won't say for sure about whether the two colors match, but
#25, known as Conifer green around 1967-8, was earlier known -- at least
in the U.S. -- as Triumph green.

> but maybe they used
> the same paint NUMBER with a different paint MIX attached to the number.
> It seems that GM does this a lot!
> Same code, different year = COMPLETELY different paint.

Or be like Ford, who called paint code (whatever) on my '91 Explorer
"Deep Emerald Green Clearcoat Metallic". On other models and/or more
generically in Ford parts books, it was often referred to by names such
as Jewel Green Metallic (and other names, for all I know). Always the
same color, though!

--Andy