RE: BRG Mix Formula

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: RE: BRG Mix Formula
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:21:28 -0500
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
At 01:58 PM 3/23/99 -0500, Andrew Mace wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Tony Rhodes wrote:
snip
>> It seems that GM does this a lot!
>> Same code, different year = COMPLETELY different paint.
>
>Or be like Ford, who called paint code (whatever) on my '91 Explorer
>"Deep Emerald Green Clearcoat Metallic". On other models and/or more
>generically in Ford parts books, it was often referred to by names such
>as Jewel Green Metallic (and other names, for all I know). Always the
>same color, though!

Chrysler does the same thing Andy is talking about. My Dodge Ram is maroon,
Chrysler calls it Metallic Red. Buy a Dodge Durango the exact same color,
it's called Chili Pepper Red.

We also experienced the same thing Tony is talking about. Had a Chevy
Beretta repainted by Maaco. The painter got the color code from the build
sticker on the car, and proceeded to shoot the car with a color that shared
the same code, but came out about 5 years after the car was built! To
Maaco's credit, they offered to reshoot the car the correct color, but I
kind of liked the "newer" shade of blue!

OK, back to work on my taxes...   :-(
 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 Stag MkI       Getting Sorted Out
 TR3B           Driver
 TR250 X 3      The BIG Project - Will Be Worth the Wait
 Homepage       http://members.iconn.net/thefryes/