Re: TR-4 [...] Brake Rotor Removal

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR-4 [...] Brake Rotor Removal
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 20:20:11 EST
Cc: KAVONKLU@defrees.com, triumphs@autox.team.net

<< CC:  KAVONKLU@defrees.com

 Listers, anyone help Ken with this.  Reply to him directly as he is not on
the
 list.  Thanks.  Art Kelly

 In a message dated 23-Mar-99 10:46:16 Eastern Standard Time,
 KAVONKLU@defrees.com writes:

 > Dear Art;
 << snip >>
 > On another matter, we intend to replace the brake rotors.  My Hayes manual
 >  states the if the hub is difficult to remove it is advisable to use a two
 > arm hub puller.  Sears advertises a "6 inch two arm puller" in its current
 tool
 >  catalog.   Do you know if this tool will be appropriate for the job.
 >  Ken von Kluck   >>

Ken
You shouldn't need anything more than your arms to remove the front rotors
from a TR4. You remove the wheel, the brake caliper, and the dust cap in the
center of the wheel. Removal of the dust cap should reveal a nut with a cotter
pin. Remove the pin, then the nut (shouldn't be tight), and then the rotor
will almost fall off by itself. There is a bearing and a washer behind the nut
you'll want to catch.
There are about 6 bolts which hold the rotor to the hub.
At any rate the rotor is about 9 - 10 inches in diameter if memory serves.
Good Luck

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B