Re: TR6 Poor 0 to 60 accelleration

To: ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Poor 0 to 60 accelleration
From: "Gregory Petrolati" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 06:30:34 PST

>From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
>To: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: TR6 Poor 0 to 60 accelleration
>Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:48:42 -0500
>
>I'm depressed. I've owned several US TR6's for almost 20 years (all
stock)
>and have always known they are slow, but I love them anyway because
they are
>so fun to drive. But, I read recently in Car & Driver (I think) the 0
to 60
>time on a new Ford Ranger pickup is 8.8 seconds. Now, I face being
humbled
>at a stop light by a small pickup truck?

  I remember being bumped into the same class as an Isuzu Sprint at
  an autocross once... Talk about embarassing... Here was my
  beautiful TR4 being outrun by this UGLY little rice hauler (sigh)...

  Then I remembered the first VW Rabbit and it's effect on the
  TR250's the used to hold down FTD at many of the Autoxs in the
  DC area back in the 60's... It was the end on an era.

  Buck up Greg, Ya still win with style points!

  Greg Petrolati