Re: TR6 Poor 0 to 60 accelleration

To: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Subject: Re: TR6 Poor 0 to 60 accelleration
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 08:04:19 -0800
Cc: greenman62@hotmail.com, ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Day.John@fin.gc.ca wrote:

> You think THAT's embarrassing - I remember watching a Mini-Cooper at Mosport
> Park here in Ontario make mincemeat of GT350's, Porsche's, etc. When all the
> heavier cars had to brake for turns, this little Cooper would go in and not
> even let off on the gas, usually on 2 wheels every time, but always in
> control. Great fun to watch those little giant-killers!

You guys should see my Aerostar minivan go.... in a straight line.
Doesn't corner worth *^%$*! in spite of the 2-1/2 sway bar up front.

Blew the doors off a Miata the other day... until the first corner.

Can't wait until the TR is back on the road! <sigh>

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'91 Ford Aerostar TSV (Triumph Support Vehicle) #(who cares)
'62 TR4 CT17602L
'95 Yokota Yosemite Mtn Bike (when the others don't run)
--
MZ