TR6 Wiring

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Wiring
From: Cliff Davies <ads.holzher@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 11:10:49 -0500
Dear Listers,
I have purchased a new left door switch and trunk lamp switch for my 73
TR6. When I bought the car neither were in place. Behind the carpet near
where the door switch is to be installed I found 4 wires, 3 purple &
white and a solid purple. Of the 3 P&W 2 are connected together a one on
its own. All 3 are connected to each other by an "S" metal splice and
the purple is just there. Am I correct in connecting these to the switch
this way:  2 P&W to one connector, 1 P&W to the other connector? Does it
matter which connector each of these go to? The purple is a snap
connector which is obvious. As far as the trunk switch goes I have a
lone purple (looks gray) wire sitting on the gas tank, does this go to
the light and then I have to run a wire from the switch to the light
which grounds and makes the connection. Any advice? TIA
Cliff
73' TR6