Re: Paint code JMA

To: don pikovnik <donp@ncweb.com>
Subject: Re: Paint code JMA
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 08:51:50 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Don,
My color references only show one Triumph color with "Aqua" in its name,
and that is Persian Aqua and is metallic.  Its color code is JCG or JMW
or 241, depending on which source you believe (or have at hand).

I have had numerous people swear to me that JMA is in fact Pageant Blue,
in addition to other codes used (JNA, JAE, 224, 146....).

Bob Sykes did quite a bit of research on the subject because he has one
of those Spits.  His conclusion is that the JMA was indeed called
Pageant Blue.

That said, I further suspect that there has been some difference through
the years as different codes were used and therefore the exact shade of
the resulting colors is somewhat different.

Not really a problem if one is going to spray the entire car, but not
much help if only a section is to be painted.

Regards,
Joe

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer