RE: Odometer Resetting - An Ethical Question??

Subject: RE: Odometer Resetting - An Ethical Question??
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 20:20:34 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"

Gary,

I don't see any problem with the ethics --- unless you later try to claim
that's what is on the odometer are "original" miles. Then I see a big
problem. But if you just say you reset it after a restoration and have no
idea what the true mileage is, then no problem. I have no clue what the true
mileage is on either of my Triumphs, and I don't really care. If I was into
accumulating five year old cars instead of a thirty year old cars, that'd be
a different story. But let's face it --- we don't evaluate these cars the
same way we would a 96 Toyota --- it's just a whole different ball game.

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire
62 TR3B

P.S. If you get any nice tips on how to accomplish the reset, let us (or at
least me) know. I'd be interested in doing the same thing. Since my car sat
in a field for 13 years before I bought it, and since I've never ever driven
it, all those other miles don't concern me at all. But I hope to own the car
long enough to care about how long ago it was that I went through all this
work, time, and money.