Dust Covers/Wheel Cylinders

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dust Covers/Wheel Cylinders
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 11:58:14 EST
I am in the process of reassembling the brake system and am putting the wheel
cylinders on. I questioned the list yesterday about the order in which the
flanges are put on but I have yet another question. Well, several, really.
Does it matter which of the two larger flanges/clips goes on first?
What is the third, smaller clip in the kit I got from Moss for?
Does it go on over the dust cover to hold it?
If not, what holds the dust cover on? If the two larger clip together and go
on first, it is a secure hold. But then the dust cover just hangs there. I
don't get it.
Neither my Haynes nor my Ken Bell Autobook helps on this one. I guess they
think its too easy to warrant explanantion.
TIA