Five speed gearbox conversion for Tr6/2.5 PI

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 2000-register@autox.team.net
Subject: Five speed gearbox conversion for Tr6/2.5 PI
From: Andrew Clippingdale <a.clippingdale@hfi.unimelb.EDU.AU>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 09:32:04 +1000
Dear Listers

I have been lurking on this list for some time, and recall seeing a thread
at some time about a five speed gearbox conversion for a Tr6. I'm
interested in this for my '71 2.5 PI saloon. Does any one know anything
about this conversion, or have any experience with it? I seem to recall
that a Toyota five speed box is used, but I'm not sure. Would the
modification be suitable for a 2.5 PI (my car has the 132 bhp motor)? Is it
a kit, or do you do the mod yourself? If it's a kit, where should I look to
get it and if not, what components do I need to go hunting for?

Thanks in advance, back to lurking for now.

Andrew Clippingdale

'71 2.5 PI saloon
Melbourne
Australia