Re: Spitfire Main Bearings

To: "Martin C. Libhart" <mlibhart@feist.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Main Bearings
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 22:00:16 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Martin :

I'm pretty sure the "0.254mm" indicates these are .010" undersize
bearings, meaning the crank has been ground to the first undersize.
If things look as good as you describe, I wouldn't grind the crank
again, but just put in new bearings.  However, be sure to check the
clearances with Plastigage when reassembling.

Randall