TR4 Key Fob Meets Anticipated Installation Time

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Key Fob Meets Anticipated Installation Time
From: Will Daehler <wdaehler@execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 00:30:14 -0600
Whenever I put a big order in at the Big Three, the parts arrive, and
the usual happens.

I will need just one more bolt, nut or fiiting, and as soon as I can get
that, then I can install my brand new Whatever.  I must have a thousand
dollars of fittings sittting around just waiting for the right sequence
of steps, or waiting for some other part or something to happen first.
And even when something seems immmediately straight forward, and nothing
could possibly go wrong, it does.

Like that recent thread about the steering column rubber vibration
isolators.  Yes that is a rude schock to find out that they don't line
up with fittings, like they are 1/4 inch off.  Put them in a vise, they
compress easily.  But you do have to think about it a while first.

Anyway, I finally finally finally finally bought something that I
installed on my TR4 that met with my anticipated installation time.

I bought that beautiful cloisinnne enamel keyfob. Blue and white Triumph
shield logo mounted on black artificial leather.  And with shiney key
ring. Definitely great value at about six bucks.

OK, out to the garage, this time what could possibly go wrong?  I take
the old key fob, which is a very cheap red plastic marked:

CLAYTON's BODY SHOP
3204 10th ST.
Riverside, CA
684-2591

I get my fingernail in between the coils of the metal ring, and force it
off.  Then, using a similar technique, I wind on the Triumph keyfob.

No problems.  It was done just as easy as you could imagine.  YES!

I'm being just a bit sarcastic because I spent the weekend trying to
teach myself MIG welding.  Spitter, spatter sputter.  There must be
something wrong with this borrowed equipment.  I had really envisioned
something a lot more refined than this.  I have to replace some portions
of my floor boards, and all of the firewall and the battery box area.  I
have all the sheetmetal precisely cut and formed, and I am ready to go!

Thank you for supporting me with all you discussions !

Will Daehler
63 TR4