SU HS6 Carburetor Problem

Subject: SU HS6 Carburetor Problem
From: "Tom Winslow" <tom_winslow@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 19:28:35 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I need some advice on how to proceed with the repair of a carburetor gas
leak.

The carburetors that I am using are from a Rover 2000. They are SU HS6
carburetors. Bolted (with three (3) bolts) to the top of the Float Chamber
is the Float Chamber Lid. There is a small vent hole on the Float Chamber
Lid under the opening where the line to the second carburetor is located.
There is a small metal clip over the vent hole that is secured by two small
clips on each side and an opening through which the fuel line passes.

When I bump the starter, gas rushes from the small vent hole. If the clip is
removed, the stream shoots directly to the fender. Today, I removed the
Float Chamber Lid, delivered it to my mechanic and he replaced the needle
and seat assembly. This did not help.

I have zero experience with carburetors. I hope that some of the listers
that are experienced with these carburetors can tell me what is going on and
what I need to do the fix the problem.

Help and comments greatly appreciated.

Regards,

tw

--
Thomas P. Winslow
1966 TR4A IRS - CTC57665L <> 1968 TR250 - CD4783L <> 1968 TR250 - CD5272L <>