Re: Roadster Factory gouging

To: MR DANIEL R CAREY <QAZX57A@prodigy.com>
Subject: Re: Roadster Factory gouging
From: vafred@erols.com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 19:55:46 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
MR DANIEL R CAREY wrote:

> called in an order to TRF..needed a few of those black snaps on the
> door of my spit......
> 50 cents each!!!  wow......so i ordered a few......understanding that
> the have to feed their families too......
> so i get get the "package" in the mail...a little manila bubble
> mailer with my snaps...........
>
> cost 65 cents to mail....so what do you think the "shipping charge"
> was?  5.00 !!  hO HO HO..
> YOU WOULD THINK THAT they could at least charge something close to
> the actual cost.....
>
> oh well...my business will go to spitbits, Moss, NW Briish parts...or
> others....if thats the"TRF policies" they have...so much for customer
> oriented!!....
>
> oh yes the snaps do look like they will fit....

It usually happens twice a year, blast TRF, now is only 4 months, even
your bank, as well as many businesses, have to operate with a minimum
price on some operating procedures, it is all labor intensive. Have you
by chance taken the time to call John S. and voice your opinion, there is
no doubt in my mind what he will be very happy to do for you, just my
opinion, but I sure beleive in talking to the other party first, not the
world. They are very honest people.  "FT"