Re: Roadster Factory gouging

To: MR DANIEL R CAREY <QAZX57A@prodigy.com>
Subject: Re: Roadster Factory gouging
From: Ellen Kratz <hklean@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 10:35:15 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
MR DANIEL R CAREY wrote:

> called in an order to TRF..needed a few of those black snaps on the
> door of my spit......
> 50 cents each!!!  wow......so i ordered a few......understanding that
> the have to feed their families too......
> so i get get the "package" in the mail...a little manila bubble
> mailer with my snaps...........
>
> cost 65 cents to mail....so what do you think the "shipping charge"
> was?  5.00 !!  hO HO HO..
> YOU WOULD THINK THAT they could at least charge something close to
> the actual cost.....
>
> oh well...my business will go to spitbits, Moss, NW Briish parts...or
> others....if thats the"TRF policies" they have...so much for customer
> oriented!!....
>
> oh yes the snaps do look like they will fit....
One of the final straws in my dealings with TRF was when I recieved an
$800.order only to discover I forgot a small .80 item.I called and asked
if they could just put it in an envelope and send it out.
I was told the minimun charge for shipping was five bucks!
Now being in retail,I am keen on customer service.I asked to speak with
a supervisor.Next I got Dave H.on the phone.I very politely told of my
$800. order and the eighty cent part,and was basicly told "tough".Then I
got an explanation of how much it costs to prosess even the smallest
order.I was stunned and amazed at the lack of service.I never asked but
I really expected him to take the part (an O ring ), stick it in an
envelope and put a 33 cent stamp on it and send it for free!!
Not quite.
I was so disapointed by the conversation that I thought of contacting
King Charles himself.However Dave H.is one of their top guys so that
must be the way they want it.
I ordered the O ring from Moss,and paid their five dollar minimum
charge,but felt better about it.
TRF is my last resort.
Next I`ll rant about the time I bought a three hundred dollar order,only
to recieve a flyer anouncing twenty percent off sale the day my parts
arrived at the old price.I called.Guess how far I got on that one ??
But that`s another story.
Rick Hand
67 Herald 1200 Saloon
70 Spit