Re: TR6 Go Kart

To: Eric Lukhart <lukehart@mis.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Go Kart
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 10:01:53 -0600
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Eric

Sounds like you may have a leaking diaphragm in the rear carb.  Pull the
four screws and the cover off.  Remove the spring and the air valve
(piston).  Look for any obvious tears and also hold it up against a
light and GENTLY stretch it to find any pinholes.  If you find a problem
order a replacement.  In the meantime while you wait forever (just an
editorial comment since I waited 5 months for two carb kits from T-BO-F)
for the parts you can try dabbing a bit of silicone (get the gas
resistant kind) on the hole and hope it holds.  Make sure you get the
tab on the bottom of the diaphragm in it's slot when you replace it.

Good Luck

Bud
71TR6 CC57365
71TR6 CC65446