Re: Another Question about buying a TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another Question about buying a TR6
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 15:05:35 -0700
Jay Snavely wrote:
>Thanks to all the response I got about my questions about buying a TR.
>There is a solid TR6 I am thinking about, but it is a 74 with the rubber
>bumper over riders.  I have always been turned off by them.  Can they
>simply be removed, or will it be obvious they are missing from the bumper?
>I don't remember seeing a 74 or newer that had them removed.  Thanks.

Jay:

You can remove them, but not in such a way that won't be obvious.  There
are two bolt holes in the top surface of the bumper that secure each
overrider, so these holes will be exposed.

Although I ended up with a pre-1974 TR6, I would not have necessarily
avoided one with the bumper overriders.  They don't bother me that much.
It could be worse... we could all be talking about MGB's!!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6