Re: TR7 water pump??

To: MOWOGMAN@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR7 water pump??
From: "Byron N. Brashears" <brashears@hughes.net>
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 13:14:23 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
The water pump replacement requires the removal of the intake manifold. Removal
of the pump differs, sometimes it lifts right out sometimes it comes apart in
place. I had to make a tool from threaded rod to remove all the parts from the
block of my 76 FHCoupe. the price for the replacement range from $149. to $289.
Depending on the supplier. I did buy three from Pep Boys (gasp!!!), for $79.ea..
I installed one and stored two for future use. They said they were rebuilds, but
I doubt it, I have never been able to locate another source for rebuilds. Make
sure you measure the clearence and install the correct size gasket.

Byron
76 TR7 FHC
79 TR7 DHC