Leaking Float Chamber TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaking Float Chamber TR6
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 20:22:46 -0400
Cc: jktr250@aol.com
Hope all in the NE had a chance to get out with the
top down today. It was beautiful!

I (my TR6, before the wise guys/gals come back with
a zinger ;-) ) have been experiencing a slow leak in my
front carb that just won't stay dry. I have removed the
carb twice now and replaced the gasket and used
gasket sealer that is resistant to gas. Both times the
leak was in the left back corner at the point of the
screw (from the pont of looking at the carb with it
still attached to the intake manifold). The first time
there was enough of a leak that it dripped gas. After
resealing the carb it held for about a week but started
leaking again. The second time I resealed the gasket and
it held for about three weeks, including a 400 mile drive
to Britain on the Green at Woodlawn and a nice visit
with Fred Thomas and his wife.

After a long drive today, checked the carbs (yes, I've gotten
a bit paranoid) and sure enough a very slight film of gas
on the float chamber. After further inspection with the
trusty mirror, it is a very slight seep from the same corner.

I have become very proficient at removing the carb and will
reseal the gasket for a third time. Am I missing something here?
I have adjusted the float but could the chamber be over filling?

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6