dye for vinyl interior

To: "greg cook" <cookdg@webmail.bellsouth.net>
Subject: dye for vinyl interior
From: Mark Walker <MDWalker@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 14:15:49 -0400
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Greg,

I'd recommend SEM Coat Vinyl Dye.  (of course we sell it).....

SEM Coat seems to be better than MarHyde in aerosol cans.  MarHyde is
excellent in the quart cans that you use with air guns in large
applications.   Whichever one you use just be sure to clean the surface to
remove any grime, glue, treatments, etc. that
have been applied.   Windex or similar cleaner used last will get that last
bit of grease off the surface.  Then let it fully dry before
you spray it with dye.   Take your time with the dye and put on light
coats, particularly with vertical surfaces.

Applied correctly the stuff is tougher than nails.   We dyed the vinyl
stools in our showroom 6 years ago and they still look like new.
I dyed the panels interior of my wife's TR250 5 years ago and there is no
fading, flaking, or deterioration.

Mark Walker
(I do have an interest in) Southeastern Fabrics