Re: Bagpipe Gags, minimal LBC content

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bagpipe Gags, minimal LBC content
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 10:20:52 -0500

    Joe> Richard, I think that in the UK the bag pipers know
    Joe> to stay away.  However here in the US, they seem to
    Joe> think that people enjoy that annoying sound.  There
    Joe> always seems to be one at all the British car shows I
    Joe> have been to. (For a while at least)

SSC time.  (Short, Shameful Confession)
I like the pipes.  Really.  I prefer single drone or uilean
(pardon my americanization) pipes to the multi-drone modern
scots style of pipe, but those are nice too, particularly in
large numbers.

I also like the accordian in some musical contexts, although
this is largely limited to zydeco and session music, which
almost always involve several pints of my favorite malted
beverage and occasionally piles of boiled crawfish, so this
may have some influence on my judgement.
                                                        -MM

--
Who plays keyboards weakly, guitar infrequently and fumbles
with the short harp, but does _not_ play the pipes.  Yet.