Re: TR3 Carbs -- Poor machining?

To: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Carbs -- Poor machining?
From: fogbro1@impop.bellatlantic.net
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 07:46:09 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
FWIW I always fit the throttle stop castings in two steps.

1. I install the shafts and butterflies, carefully centering the
butterflies by wiggling, jiggling and holding them up to bright light to
minimize any gap between them and the bodies.

2. I fit the castings onto the shafts with Locktite blue or red making
sure they're positioned so that I have both idle adjustment at the
closed position and butterflies perpendicular to the passage at the
fully open position.

3. After the Locktite has set, I disassemble the shafts and butterflies,
drill the holes and insert roll pins. Now I know that the throttle stop
castings will be in the correct position when I reassemble the carbs.

Ed Woods